Greetings OneCert Team! I am new to organics and have some products that appear to be eligible for certification in 2021. What do I need to do to become certified? What’s the process and how long can it take? I have some buyers in mind that are wanting me to sign a contract if I can be certified by October of 2021. Is that possible? Many thanks from Jerimiah
Hello Jerimiah! Thank you for choosing OneCert, Inc. where we offer organic certification for the world. Our main office is located in Lincoln, NE and have staff spanning from coast to coast in the United States. OneCert, Inc. is accredited to the USDA National Organic Program (NOP) and completes verification for the following NOP Equivalency Programs: Canada, European Union, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea.
Did you know that we have 2 locations in the United States and India?
New applications may be submitted at any time, but a complete application packet and payment must be submitted at least three months before harvest of your first organic crop to assure timely certification.
We are excited that you chose us as a potential certification agency. First we like to start out with the “5 steps to successful organic certification” with prospective clients. Review the below steps on how the process works:
5 Steps to Successful Organic Certification
Additional Questions OneCert staff may ask:
Before we begin the review of your paperwork OneCert staff may contact you with any or all of the additional questions noted below This ensures you are applying with the correct legal entity name, scope, and product methods.
- Where are you located?
- What is the name of your company and how is it registered with the state?
- What types of products do you intend to market/sell as organic?
- What are your intended organic sales?
- For crop, livestock, or wild crops, when was the last date of prohibited material(s) applied to your farm?
- Do you also produce nonorganic products on your operation?
- Have you established organic control points to prevent commingling and contamination on your operation?
OneCert looks forward to working with you. Please contact us with any additional questions.
Have more questions to ask OneCert? Submit them through the link on the home page!